Someone has a secret...

He stood there looking at himself in the mirror, feeling the steam drip from his face onto his chest.  He felt an empty feeling, a feeling of sorrow or was this a feeling of confusion.  He wished for one day to be able to live freely and be able to share this big part of his life with the world but for now he will keep it between these hollow walls.  He began to go about his morning like he did every day for the past 13 years. 

His name is Tim, he moved from Texas to California when he was 20 years old.  He was your average sports guru, not only did he know just about everything but he was Texas Highs all American QB whom lead his team to win the state championship.  Tim was a hero back in Texas but he wanted to live a little so he left home and headed to the sunny state of California.  This is where Tim began to learn who he was. 

Tim was about 6'1 and weighed 195 lbs, he was built and took care of himself, as time went by he dated many women.  Tim was a very confident man, he knew how to make the ladies smile with his charm.  All the other men wanted to be like Tim, he was a humble person always putting others before himself.  Tim worked for a very well known PR company, he worked with the top players in the game.

A voice called out, Tim?  Tim?  Where are you? Are you ready?  Your parents are going to be waiting, please hurry.  The voice continued to go on and on about random thoughts a very nervous voice it was. 

Tim still trying to put himself together, was a very worried man this morning.  The most confident man known was this very scared and insecure person.  A man with many words was now speechless.  He stood in the hall.

The voice appeared again, Tim!!!  Baby there you are, you look great.  Tim began to speak, yes I am here and I am ready.  You know you really don't have to go with me to the airport, I know how you hate waiting. 

O no, you will not do this to me again, Timothy.  I want to be there to greet my future in laws, now if only the men in the big house would let us become one. 

Tim, are you ok?

No, Michael I am not ok.  I have to be honest with you, I don't know how my parent are going to take the news.

Tim, you told me that they knew!! You told me that they accepted you, us.  Tears began to run down Michael's face. 

Michael, I just don't know how to tell them that their only son is gay.  It's not as easy, back home they frown about things like this.  Here in California its so free and open, I know I need to be honest with my family.  I am just lost for words, I am 36 and scared to be open.

Tim sat next to Michael and they both looked out towards the open ocean and with the calming of the waves, Michael placed his hand on Tim's hands.

I understand Tim, how do you want to handle this visit? 

Tim got up and said lets go, we are going to be late.

The drive to LAX was a quiet ride, they waited and waited.  Here we go Michael, are you ready? Michael nodded, yes.

There they were, Tim's family standing before them.  Hugs and kisses were exchanged, then Tim introduced Michael.  Mom, Dad this is Michael my partner.

With puzzled looks, Tim's mom said o this is your business partner. 

Michael, nice to meet you its not everyday we get to meet Tim's co-workers.  Tim's dad looked away then looked at Tim.

Mom, Michael doesn't work with me he lives with me.  Tim then put his hand in Michael's. 

Tim's dad looked at his wife and the only words he could get out were, come on honey its time to go.

Dad, what do you mean its time to go?

We came to see our son, the person standing here isn't my son.  Get  your life in order then call me, I can't do this right now.

Mom? Mom?  Its me, Timothy!!  You can't leave, Mom...please. 

O, honey why, how could you hurt your father this way.

Mom..  Tim with tears in his eyes .. please mom.

I have to go honey, take care of him Michael.

Timothy's parents were gone, back to Texas they went.

Michael drove home, now the ride was cold and sad.  Michael opened Tim's door as he got out of the car he turned and hugged Michael.  He cried like a baby that night but he wasn't alone he had Michael.


That was that last time Timothy saw or heard from his parents, it was a big lost.  We can't help who we fall in love with all we know is that love is equal.  Accepting that people are different is important but most important is to be able to stand and support our children no matter what.  This is just another random story, characters were made up with a meaning.  xoxox peace and love



Comments

Popular Posts