Andrea's nightmare

She can feel the coldness of the table that laid below her, a cold draft from the air vents above her.  She looked around and saw nothing but white walls and white drapes that divided her from the world.  She was puzzled she looked at her hands and saw that her once long beautiful red nails had been cut to the length of her fingers.  She was no longer wearing her long silky dress or her red 6 inch heels, she felt her head and noticed that she had a bandage of some sort around her forehead. 

She thought to herself, where am I? 

With a feeling of confusion she sat up and felt some pain in her lower abdominal area, felt sore as if she had been doing sit ups for days.  She looked around the man made room and didn't see her purse, she thought I never go any where without my purse.  She kept trying to replay her evening in her head and yet there was something missing, she couldn't remember much of anything.  She laid back down and heard foot steps from afar, she closed her eyes but felt her body shiver from the draft.

 A woman came in she was dressed in what seemed to be scrubs maybe she was a nurse. She then began to ask, "Ma'am do you know where you are?

Nothing but a nod could make of a gesture to her questions.  No.  Am I OK? Was I in an accident? What happen to my nails?  So many questions that needed answers.  She then heard from the corner of the drape, Ma'am I will be right in with you and I will be able to help you.  The nurse smiled and walked out.  A tall man whom stood about 6'4, maybe weighed about 210 lbs, he wore a white coat on his coat it read Dr. Howard M.D. 

Hello ma'am, I am Dr. Howard and I will be assisting you tonight, how are you feeling? 

I felt alone and all I wanted was my purse I needed to make sure I wasn't late. 

Ma'am?  Yes I am fine, why am I here first off where am I?

She then noticed under his name it read Towers Academy Hospital.  Ma'am you were brought in by a woman whom found you last night sitting at a bus stop.  She said that she found you crying and that you weren't responding. 

OK so what happen to my nails, my cloths where is my dress she thought. She laid there stiff and cold, she didn't know what time it was because there was no clock. 

Excuse me Doctor, but what time is it?  The Doctor turned as he glanced at his watch he said, "its about 1:52 a.m".  Doctor Howard, where are my belongings? and What happen to my nails?  I am a bit confused and as much as I try to replay my evening I just can't. 

Well ma'am, to be safe we wanted to run some test on you and your results have confirmed that you were drugged by what is known as the date rape drug.  Do you remember having drinks, do you remember where you were?  No sir. 

She began to think to herself, GREAT the date rape drug is in my system.  What will Mitchell think of me? 

The Doctor was reviewing her charts, ma'am what is your name?  We have you as Jane Doe.

My name is Andrea Monsire.  Well Mrs. Monsire - the woman interrupted Ms. Monsire, Doctor I am not married but thank you.  OK then Ms. Monsire, we would urge you to have a rape kit completed, are you ok with this? A huge gulp of air was swallowed and she then turned her head, she thought is this really needed.  Mitchell is going to be so upset that I stood him up.

Well Doctor, I am actually really late for a date, is this needed or required? 

The Doctor said, well Ms. Monsire this isn't something we require but we do recommend, especially with such high levels of this horrific drug that was traced in your system. 

OK, well then I would like to get this done.  How long do you think it will take? 

Nurse Bendy, the Doctor shouted out to.  The nurse from earlier came in and he handed her the orders.  The Doctor turned to Andrea and said the forensic will be in soon, are you ok with the help of Nurse Bendy, Id like to make notes of any signs on your body.

In walked in a woman, she was a medium structured woman with long black hair that flowed down her back.  Hello Ms. Monsire, my name is Dr. Orion.  I am the forensic doctor on duty, its my understanding that you would like a rape kit completed, is this correct? 

Yes, please. 

OK, well to begin, nurse Bendy will be assisting me, are you ok with this? 

Yes, I am ok. 

Andrea laid there stiff as a board, she can feel the warmth of the tears that ran down her cheeks onto her neck.  She laid there and heard the dictation of what they found on her body that morning.

Andrea opened her eyes has she awoken from a nightmare, beads of sweat ran down her forehead.  She can hear the baby crying in the next room, a man was laying in the bed with her. 

Andrea, are you ok?  He wiped her forehead with his hand.

Honey, not again?  Its me, Mitchell you are ok honey.  I am here and you are ok.  Andrea turned and realized that her clock read 6:33 a.m. and next to her clock was a picture a happy picture it was when Mitchell and Andrea got married.


It had been 5 years that Andrea Monsire had been brutally abused sexually, since that night she relives what she remembers every night. 

This is just a story that I made up but Andrea isn't just a character she is a woman just like any other woman.  You never know the intentions of others, always practice the buddy system and don't take drinks from others unless its opened in front of you.


Comments

Popular Posts